Rudi Kohout, DER Polyrhachis-Experte, verstorben

Interessante und neue Themen aus "Wissenschaft und Medien"

Rudi Kohout, DER Polyrhachis-Experte, verstorben

Beitragvon Merkur » Freitag 27. Mai 2016, 20:32

Wir alle werden älter. Erschüttert und traurig las ich gerade, dass der australische Myrmekologe Rudi Kohout von uns gegangen ist.
Rudi war ein Freund. Im Februar/März 2000 hat er uns auf einer Expedition in Queensland geführt, bei der es um die Suche nach der sozialparasitischen Polyrhachis loweryi und verwandten Arten ging. Wir hatten eine gute, lehrreiche und schöne Zeit miteinander, gefolgt von Jahren regen Austausches über Sytem und Lebensweise "seiner" Ameisen!

http://www.antwiki.org/wiki/Kohout,_Rudolf_J.
http://www.antwiki.org/wiki/Recent_Even ... rie_Moreau).JPG

It is with great sadness that we share that Rudy Kohout passed away last night (26 May) after a long illness. Rudy was not only an outstanding taxonomist and expert on Polyrhachis, but he and Eva (Rudy's wife) were very good friends to many and amazing people.
Stefan Cover notes that while was Rudi an outstanding myrmecologist who leaves behind an extraordinary body of valuable work, he was an even greater friend and colleague to us all. Rudi was a devoted and productive researcher. Our modern understanding of Polyrhachis, one of the most important ant genera in the Old World tropics, is founded almost entirely on his work. Rudi loved his ants, but he was also incredibly kind and generous to us, his somewhat less lovable human colleagues. I always enjoyed his visits to the MCZ - Rudi was one of the few who could come and stay as long as he liked. He was an engaging companion and an endless fund of good stories.
I will never forget his wonderful Czech accented Austalian English - we will never hear the likes of that again I’m sure!
From the entire ant community, Rest in peace our dear friend! (Aus: AntWiki)

MfG,
Merkur

Merkur
Beirat

Bewertung: 9807

Zurück zu Wissenschaft und Medien